Thursday, April 22, 2010

Some One Special

For that someone special and CTMH. Over at Heart2Heart there is yet another challenge and this week it is a sketch challenge.


Here's the sketch


And here's my card.
 Here's a pic of the flower, stamped and not yet cut out.
Just layer your tissue paper and make about 10 - 12 layers, stamp the top one, add a brad to hold the layers together, and cut out. It doesn't need to be perfect cuz no one will be able to tell. One layer at a time bring together towards the brad so the paper looks like it is standing straight up...it is. Continue to next layers and so on and so forth. The only color will be the top and maybe the second layer where the color ran through. You flower should look like a wad of paper with the brad 'legs' sticking out. Now take your fingers and gently open the layers, but not all the way. Your inked layer(s) will be still standing up and covering your brad. Now take your ink pad or sponge and ink up the rest of the edges. I can not remember where I saw this, this was not my idea. If I find the blog where I saw it, I will post it here. I used three CTMH stamp sets, and CTMH paper to get this card done. The tissue paper is recycled from a gift from my bday in January.
Editor's note: I found this tissue flower but not quite the same. I'll keep looking.
Thanks for coming by!

Another ED note: Helen asked about mailing cards like this one...drop down into comments and see my answer!

challenges
Heart2heart- sketch


RX:
STAMPS: Delightful things, Be True, Neighborhood
PAPER: CTMH, tissue paper
TOOLS: Spellbinders, Cuttlebug, SU punch,
INCIDENTALS: CTMH Sassy Strands - that I won from Juli Clark- Whoo Hoo

8 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Sweet card! Thanks for the instructions to make the tissue flower! I'll definitely try this!

Mary said...

I love dimensional flowers - very cool - Thanks for playing along with H2H!

Kathy said...

Love the dimension on this flower, it it beautiful!

The Closet Crafter said...

What a pretty flower! And thanks for sharing the instructions for it. Just perfect for the sketch.

Pauline said...

Beautiful colours Joanne, love the background paper. Pauline x

Cheryl said...

Oooohhh, I love your flower!

Nalazoo said...

Thanks for the instructions on the tissue flower. Just curious...how do you mail a card like this?

Joanne Gilch said...

Helen, when I make a card that is thick or with a big flower such as this, I make it a hand over card. Sometimes when I have to mail a pkg out I include the thicker more 'bountiful' cards in the pkg. I take a paper towel tube and cut it to the length that I need and cover the flower. With this flower, I would scrunch it up into the middle of itself and place the tube over it. When the recipient takes the roll off, I ask them to gently undo the layers. So far, no problems! Thanks for asking. Joanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails