Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Free stamp set!

I won the stamp set over at Verve, 'Feel the Sun', so I just had to use it on this card.
Of Course, it helped that there was a Verve Challenge, too! Here.
Here's the sketch and I used room number one as my  inspiration,
blues, brown, and white.
I turned the sketch 90 degrees and changed it up a bit, but you can still see the sketch...right?
I have been wanting to do the ruffled ribbon, but it was too late to sew it so I just used my Scor Tape to hold the ruffles in place. I used the largest flower stamp in the set in Classic White to make a pattern on Close to Cocoa. There was a lot of distressing going on both with ink and the tool. The textured BG** is textured paper then I stamped the white flowers again and wiped off the ink after about 30 minutes, ran some Vintage Photo distressing ink over the top and it picked up the erased flowers leaving just a tell tale sign of them. More sponged on inks, Broken China, Weathered Wood and direct to paper WWood, and more of it.
The image is the sentiment from the ss*** and I stamped, yet again, the flower using Broken China and second generation so it wouldn't take away from the verse. The last but most cool thing - I took a used paper towel that was siting on my ct* for excess glue and dabbed it in the WWood and then on the verse and it gave it a tiny honey combed appearance. It looks really neat IRL.
Thanks for coming by!
* craft table
** back ground
*** stamp set

No RX, it was explained well enough in the body of the post. Any questions regarding anything you see here, just leave it in the comments. Just one more thing - the distress inks are juicier than you think and I had a hard time getting my sentiment to stamp well using them. I used SU Close to Cocoa to stamp that image.
Paper towels, in case you are wondering...Bounty, select-a-size, plain white.The same paper towel was used for all the sponging with the exception of direct to paper technique and it had been used---it's my glue wiper upper.

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

Tracey said...

Well Done on wining the stamp set Joanne & what a gorgeous card you've made, love the gathered ribbon :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Cheryl said...

OOOOHHH PRETTY! I love it. I love the pleated ribbon.

Kathy said...

Fun win Joanne. Love what did with the winnings! The colors are lovely and the pleated ribbon looks fantastic.

Related Posts with Thumbnails