Thursday, April 8, 2010

Happy Birthday, Honey!!

That's what the sentiment says on this card.  I chose the coffee press to show off the Cat's Pajamas sketch this week. The coffee press is from Daisy Doodles.

As most of you know, I follow Jen's blog almost as close as my own. She has a style that I enjoy and  admire and a blog that has something for everyone.

I used a TCP sentiment Happy Birthday... and a pot of Honey. My little brown buttons get a little lost in the printed DP. Perhaps a close up and you can see them better. I added GA to the presses's top to make it look like glass. there's stitching all around the card in a coffee brown color. And I made the coffee ring stains using a cup and guess what....coffee! The rings did not show up very well so I added a little Ranger distress ink, Tea Dye to the bottom of the cup and voila, got what I wanted. I actually used the new Prisma Color pencils and OMS for the press. I used the colorless pencil to outline all the image to keep the ink from the printer from bleeding into my coloring. Got that tidbit from Rhonda and her blog. Distressed the smaller pieces after sewing them on in a crooked manner. Sometimes sewing straight just doesn't work for me, especially with the coffee stains.
Before I go, this card is 4 x 8 inches. The DP is from Hot Off the Press and it came in 8 x 8 sheets. Card base is white and sponged, then River Rock cs (3 7/8 x 7 7/8) on top of that.
Thanks for coming by!

Challenges that I linked up with are:

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love that image!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome card! I love the shabby chick look to it!

FibreJunky said...

Oooh, that card is really yummy!

~Jeri~ said...

Oh this is great!!! Love the stitching you done and what a great image!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges this week!!!

Unknown said...

What an great card! Thanks for "breaking out the buttons" for this week's OCC challenge!!!

Diane Gilbert said...

Great Card!! Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week!

Cheryl said...

Hey Lady! I have something on my blog for you.

kim.mom said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love that vintage feel! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

Unknown said...

Love this card. One of my fav things in life. Thanks for joining us at SMC.

Related Posts with Thumbnails