Monday, April 19, 2010

Daisies and a butterfly

I just love this next card. Daisy Doodle design called appropriately, Daisy. This daisy image is available from
CMW and Scrappetizing. You can find both on Daisy Doodles.

I could tell you to grab a cup of coffee or tea and sit awhile, but I won't tell you about the paper behind the torn cs. Just that it's from a spiral book related to the medical field. I sponged different colors of distressing inks on the page and then used that to piece my images and punch out the paper for the flower up top. Then another page was sponged in distressing inks and that is the back drop. The leaves, flowers and butterfly are pieced and the stems and grass are colored with SU markers and some distressing ink. Sponged the bottom with distressing ink, too. Made the leaf with C Celery paper and an oval punch, broke down the paper with a bone folder and sewed four layers together, distressed and sponged. Sewing, ribbon, torn layer and this card's done.
Thanks for coming by!
Here's a close up of the flower. Isn't it lovely?

Toodles Doodles.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is fabulous! I love how you used your medical journal.

Pauline said...

Love your flower, and the daisy statamped on the text looks fab! Love the colours you have used! Pauline x

Tracey said...

Hi Joanne, I hope you are well :) I'm just catching up on your blog & what gorgeous things you've been creating.

This must be one of one of my favourite cards of yours (that's a mouthful lol) though they are all gorgeous - this one is stunning, love that flower!

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails