Sunday, April 11, 2010

New and Different

I tried a CTMH challenge today and it's the last day to get it there. I have til 10 PM and it's 8:30 PM now.

Ok, Houston, we have a problem...the color isn't even close!!!!! Get over to Heart 2 Heart and see the colors that are supposed to be on this card. the blue that you see is a green, the peachy color is a yellow and the darker color...are you ready is Chocolate!!!! The paper as a back drop is SU Crushed Curry. I had bought three packs of CTMH textured 12 x 12 when it was on sale earlier this year.
I'm gonna go take another photo of this card and see what I come up with in the color department.

Here ya go, now that's better! I changed the paper back drop. I quick slid a piece of DP that was white on the back behind the holder. Could that really be the difference? Let me move on.

No embellishments. It's going in the mail and the last time I was at the post office, I learned one very important thing! They run it through their fingers and ask, "Is there a button in there?" I said yes, cuz why would I lie and she ups the price! So, you all get a card from me and it's all plain and stuff, don't get thinking that you are not card worthy. I'm not spending money to put a button on a card. it just goes against my principles. The card that the post woman fingered had card board in the envie in front of the entire card, and she felt a button? I think they are on to us? No matter, no worries, let's move along. ECO, echo, echo.
I have rambled on long enough...some specifics on the card.....paper from CTMH, Key Lime (SHB Sweet leaf), Sunflower and Chocolate; the stamp set, a new one, "Piece of Cake" that I got on the cheap for spending money on the paper and various other items. It's the February stamp of the month and the more $$ you spend the more savings you get!! You should see the April stamp of the month, " Flower Pot"...nice.
Used my Japanese screw punch to make holes in the cs and filled some of the holes with coordinating paper hole fillers..LOL. I made my own DP with the elements from the same stamp set. Plus, one small dot stamp from "Delightful Things".
I gotta get this finished and go link it. thanks for coming by!

This card qualifies for  challenges listed:
Stamptacular Sunday- Spots and dots

Thank you to Juli Clark for being the sponsor over at Heart2Heart! Go check out her blog here, and you can see the big prize!!!!

16 comments:

Mary said...

Oh very cute! Isn't it weird how photos turn out sometimes?? Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

Katy said...

Funny recap and the color thing was beyond weird!! Thanks for joining in on all the FUN!!!

valen said...

Great cards!Love the colors you used.Thank you for joning with us at SSDS this week.Good luck in the draw.
Tineke=)

Anonymous said...

Wow love this its so unusual and so beautiful
hugs June x

Tracey Mason's Studio said...

Joanne, I'm leaving you some sugar for your heart! Love the card and shame on the Post Office! What is with them lately? Here in Maine- they see dollar signs when I put cards in clear envelopes! I had to stop using them! And I'm always charged extra since I can't make a thing without embellishments! Thanks for playing!

Nalazoo said...

Very pretty! Love the unique mounting of the cake panel - very nice. Ugh...the Post Office, I can commiserate! Even when I use pop-dots, they want to charge MORE! In some cases, I bite my tongue & just go for it, especially when it's a special card for someone. Their rules are anything over 1/4"...the key...use the Buttoned Together stamp set and create your OWN buttons that are FLAT!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nice card Joanne, and right under the wire too! Hey, you won the prize!!! You can email me at thestampteacher@myctmh.com so I can get your address, and I will ship it right out to you. Congrats!!!
Juli

Anonymous said...

UGH! Sorry about that, it wasn't showing up, so I posted again, then it was there 3 times! Feel free to permanently delete these extra comments.

The Closet Crafter said...

Congratulations on being our first prize winner!! Your card is wonderful...how crazy that backgrounds can effect pictures so much. I'm with you on the whole PO thing!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are great...and congrats on being the first winner.

Cheryl said...

It is a gorgeous dotty card! Very cute. I love that image. That PO - they gotta make money where ever they can lately.

Rhonda said...

I like this..it is so different. How in the world to you manage to come up with the things you do. Love the layout! I'm with you on the postage thing...they are on to us.

Barb Hardeman said...

You're right! The Post Office is on to us crafters. Your card is delightful, love that cake image! How fun! Your colors are great, even though I thought the first photo was good! Thanks for playing with Stamptacular this week!

Barb

Kathy said...

This is a fun birthday card Joanne. Love the image. Your so funny about the PO, they always squeeze, bend and do lots of stuff to my cards. I just tell them please hand stamp it, they look at me like I'm a nut. One lady asked WHAT is in here? Too funny.

Related Posts with Thumbnails