Monday, April 5, 2010

Daisy Doodles Design Team....... "Keep on Truckin'

With a closet full of rubber and acrylic stamps who ever thought that I would become a digital design team ...nut? Rhonda and Tammy got me hooked on Jule's designs and the next thing you know I'm coloring digi's with my SU water color pencils and using the blender pen. Then I broke out my SU water color crayons and an aquapainter. Then, I thought, why not buy some Prismacolor pencils and OMS with my 50% off coupon at my namesakes! That is another story! later. Here, is not my first card using one of Jule's designs, but the first on the team! Last week Jule's put out a call for some of her design team to make cards for certain images. I chose the truck and digger, and a coffee press. Here's the truck, using SU wc pencils and a blender pen, love that pen!
the bg is Lovely as a Tree, first, second and third generation for depth using handsome Hunter. The grass, you're gonna love this! It's the remnant of the hand punch. I have a Fiskars punch of a hand. I punched all along the edge of a piece of green cs the top part of the 'hand' and then cut it off, scored it along the bottom, folded it under and glued to the back of the background. The sky is just a piece of stationery that was left over from the old days, about 12 years ago! I have a file box that gets shoved into it's hole and comes out every once in a while. I was in that box for a special color last week, Mint Melody, a retired color from SU. I remembered that sky paper and that box came out of it's little hole, again.
And I wonder why I have such a hard time getting rid of things!!!
Isn't that your mantra...I may use that some day, or I may NEED that some day!
ladies and gentlemen, I say...PURGE but be careful what goes and what stays. If it has a little home and not in the way and something else isn't screaming to get in there...KEEP IT!. I say! Hoarders...those stickers are not coming back, save a few nostalgic ones for a retro card or LO, but the others...give to the children, be it your own, grands, or a school, but get them out, use 'em or lose 'em.
Thanks for coming by...I'll be back with digger!


Did you vote yet? yes...thank you!
No?....then click here. remember, Ink Tossers. One vote per team.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You did such a great job on this...it almost looks like a photograph. You have amazed me yet again. I know Miss Daisy loves it!

Kathy said...

This is awesome! Love the tree scene in the background. Another fab card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails