Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Sympathy Card

Do you remember the card I made for Dave? Well God called him and he answered! I made this card for Dave's wife, Carol. Dave was like a Grandpa to my DD and her family, they were neighbors. He could be found at any time in the spring and summer mowing his neighbor's yard, pruning flowers, babysitting while H ran to the store for a minute or two. In the fall he was raking the leaves, not just his own lawn, either. In the winter, Dave was out blowing snow to clear the driveways and walkways, and sometimes more than once a day. He was retired but not from life. Dave was there for Carol, for B and H (the neighbors), for the friends across the street. Dave was there for anyone and everyone. He worked hard and loved greatly. Dave will be missed in the spring, summer, fall and winter, but mostly he'll just be missed. I used the glitter pen on the leaves on the tree, on the stitching, on the flowers, on the home made dew drops because that's where Dave's light will be for all to remember him.


On the inside I used the stitching border twice in Soft Suede and Wasabi and sponged the edges in Wasabi only.

I will stamp a little something there and write a note to Carol.

RX
This is a sketch from 'I heart 2 stamp' by Jen del Mur. See the sketch below.
STAMPS: Thought and Prayers from SU, Stitching border from Waltzingmouse Stamps
PAPER: Soft Suede, Wasabi, Natural Ivory
INK: Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi
HARDWARE: Charm from Club Scrap
INCIDENTALS: ribbon from SU, DMC, buttons, home made dew drops, primas
TOOLS: spellbinders label two, slot punch


My tree was on the big side, so, of course, is the circle, soooooo...I had to improvise a little. Hope it passes muster!! I  love the stitching border stamp from Waltzing mouse stamps. Her button is on the right sidebar. I know that I have told you before....Claire's stamps are terrific. They are clear and you can see exactly where to apply your image. Stop by and see her blog, too!
Thanks for coming by!

6 comments:

Justine said...

What a sad time for everyone. Your card is beautiful, I'm sure it will bring some comfort

Joanne Gilch said...

Dear Justine, thank you for your comments.

Mary Marsh said...

this is a very pretty sympathy card-I love the stamp set you used

Anonymous said...

The card and sentiments were beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to put that together for Carol. I know she'll love it.
B & H

Kathy said...

This is beautiful, I'm sure it will bring much comfort to Dave's wife.

Donna Moore said...

Beautiful card with your love showing through! I am sure this will be treasured by the family, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails