Monday, December 14, 2009

Jesus is the reason for the season

I needed two quick cards for an early gift exchange with good friends, the best friends! this seemed to fit the description. The challenge stated that it had to have a star, ribbon, and few layers, if any, znd a pop up. The insides were going to be a little complicated so easy on the front was a necessity!

That was as easy as easy can get. Here is the second one and following is the inside credit/gift card holder.
I made my own 'credit cards'.

Then the holder-------bad picture...duh!!

the gift card-----


And a close up of the numbers


first, the manger card: kraft and Cranberry Crisp paper. the manger is from SU All God's children set, that I colored with marker's to avoid the heart and saying. then AI used the aqua painter to get some glow around Jesus. paper pierced and added the Quickutz sttar from the nativity set. Border punch for the ribbon. And popped up with SU recycled foam, the star and image.

Second, the Waltzingmouse stamp-- inked up the bird and stamped five times to get a star using Brilliant Blue on natural Ivory. papers are SU Brilliant Blue and Kraft. Used the top note from SU and cut it into thirds and mounted it after sponging.. Tied the ribbon in knots, secured and popped up the star.

third, the inside card holder I found on a blog or site and for the life of me can not remember where. If any one can tell me, please do, so I can give the credit and track back. I took Kraft and cut 5 x 10, scored at 4, 5, 6 inches and mountain and valley folded. Pinched with 1" circle in the middle and then used the word punch to elongate the holder part. Placed adhesive carefully so as not to interfere with the card positioning. I then sponged with BB all over the edges, and stamped the bird several times, once with the wee bird inside the larger one. Wasn't that a great idea that Claire had over at Waltzingmouse stamps?

fourth, I just love my credit cards. Cut each piece  2 1/8 x 3 3/8 and used my smallest corner rounder to make it look like a credit card. Stamped one side using a mask (small oval punch and copy paper) with French Script using Soft Suede, then Just Rite Horizontal stamper to create the center. Just rite, also, to do the numbers in Versamark and then silver EP.
The other side was stamped and masked (word punch and copy paper) with the canvas using Soft Sky
Just rite, again, for my blog name and lines underneath.
the cards entitles the bearer to special benefits, like coming over and creating cards, or boxes, or caddies(later this week),or card purses, etc.

Thanks for coming by!
ED: M and J wanted to use their 'credit cards' ASAP.  after the first of the year we will get together and let our hearts and hands create!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Hey...let me know when you are available. I can come and show you how to do the sidebar thing you like from my blog. It will take just a few minutes. Well...with me yapping...will probably take longer. But once my friend explained to me how to do it...it was very simple. I can show you pretty quickly.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment about my card i made with my cricuit machine!
You have to get it out! You will enjoy it so much I love mine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails