Monday, December 21, 2009

Four days left to shop....NOT

I am not much of a shopper and Christmas is no exception. I do go out and shop, don't get me wrong. I don't have people go out and shop for me, that would be my husband's style. He gets the DDs to do his shopping for him. However, he did go shop one evening with L and got all his shopping done. In one evening he managed to take them out to dinner (L and her two dds), shop, and be home before 8:30 pm last Monday, the 14th of December. I start planning around August and pick things up here and there, shop online and barely manage to get done by December 24th. LOL!! Truly, I don't like to shop too close to Christmas because there are too many people out there in a panic to get their shopping done at the last minute and it just unnerves me. From the traffic, to parking, to crowded aisles, to limited choices-- it's a madhouse and I want to be home secluded and safe wrapping all the stuff I bought over the months, slowly and methodically! Not to mention the three birthdays that fall within four days of Christmas. Here's DH's secret--he only has to buy for me!!! I do all the shopping for the children and the grandchildren. He just has to buy for me!!!


The card today is another card camp creation. It's 5 1/4 inch square. The DSP is Holiday Lounge with Sahara Sand and Ruby Red, and white. All elements are Stampin' Up!

And the inside is plain white.....NOT!!!!!
 
We used the SU Sizzix tree die. It was hard to figure at first and yes it is just plain white. Isn't it beautiful with just a star on top? And the red tree skirt? The die had to be passed through the big shot 2-3 times to get all the parts that were needed to build the tree. It was so worth it!!!! The paper had been embossed before we cut out the tree.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Oh, I love this card. I keep thinking about getting one of these Sizzix dies and just haven't yet. Now I think I need to!

Happy Holidays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails