Thursday, December 24, 2009

December 24th....yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus

The Christmas meals here start at 10 AM. The children and their children come for breakfast/brunch. Lindsay and I fix the same, sort of, every year. I make crumb cake, my oldest's recipe, and a PamperedChef recipe that goes something like this-coconutty brunch biscuits, and Lindsay makes a breakfast casserole with eggs, etc. Two of our children and their fams are staying home this year ( they don't live in town)! Phooey! Wish we could all be together. Then DH and I will put the finishing touches on the big meal, turkey, ham and all the trimmings, as we say. Everyone is bringing something, which makes it easier on DH and me. We will do creamed pearl onions, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, the turkey, dressing, ham. I made two pies, a French Silk and pecan, today. The others are bringing sweet potatoe casserole, cranberry sauce, an apple pie, rolls, yellow squash, broccoli, and I don't have my list here so I think that may be all. Isn't it enough?

So in between baking I took a couple o' breaks and swung down here to get some creative juices going. I was thinking about a card last night before I fell asleep using the Medallion background stamp, but something else came out of me when I saw this tissue paper that was in a box from Jeanne, my friend.

Sometime ago, I made a card somewhere, not here at home! We stamped on tissue paper then crumpled it up, then opened it up and glued it to card stock then made a card using this technique. That's exactly what I thought about when I saw this tissue paper. IRL it looks so much better.
   The circles on the bottom are layered buttons, a technique challenge that I found here.  My buttons are layered with white, red, and green scraps from my PIECES  file.
 

 More tissue paper just glued flat to white card stock covers my buttons. You have to glue tissue paper to cs and let it dry before punching out because.. well, have you ever tried to punch out tissue paper? It's near impossible to get a clean punch, it's so thin.
I used a 3/4 inch circle punch and my cropadile to punch just one hole right smack dab in the middle of the 'buttons'.  Used gold cording and red ribbon to 'top' off my buttons. I wanted a clean and simple card as I will be making several for next year.
I joined a group over at SCS where each one of us will make so many Christmas cards per month from now til November. My contract says that I will make two cards per month as I don't need many. The challenge is to make ten per month and I don't know what I would do with 110 cards. Anywho, back to the card. The candy cane is holding  red and green ribbons that match the candy. The background stamp is Canvas and inked up in Real Red. I used nesties to cut the circle, and Glorious Green to sponge it. I sponged the card base with Real Red. I will add sentiments before I mail next year. Who knows there may be a new sentiment waiting for me out there.
Here are the papers drying last night.

 Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hi Joanne, I'm so pleased, trhat you all love this easy idea so much!Thanks for showing!!
Have a nice Chrismas
Greetings
Jenni

Nancy in Iowa said...

With so many cute tissue papers available - this is a wonderful use for them! Thanks to you I tried it today - even with my sticky fingers - I LOVE the look!
Nancy

Related Posts with Thumbnails