Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Crimped Envelope Pocket Card

My DD asked me to make a card for a girl at her work! Untrue, I asked her if she needed any cards for the people at her work. OK, here's the truth, "L, since I am making so many cards for my blog why don't you have me make cards for your work." Well, she couldn't have moved faster. Out came the pen and paper and a list was being made. "I need 4 or 5 masculine cards and about 25 feminine ones." Next thing I know she needs one in two days for a bday and in 3 days three shower cards. "Three shower cards," I said. "How many girls are having babies at one time?"
She replied, " Just one, but I need two cards for all the employees to sign and one for myself." so I asked about me making one card for all the employees to sign and one personal for her to give. Well, she agreed and off I went to start creating. the card today is for a bday and I am very happy with how it turned out.

The envelope is cut and then stamped, sponged, etc. Only the larger portion gets crimped and then decorated. The top is sponged, decorated with ribbon and home made embellishments. The paisleys on the front were stamped, cut out, applied with dimensionals and then covered with Glossy Accents by Ranger.
 Inside, the card is simple, to fit into and out of the crimped envie. DD will write her own sentiment on the back of the card, as I simply added a layer for that.

The paisley paper is from CTMH gifted to me from Kristin .
 Purposely I used different color ribbons to bring out those colors in the paper, brown and burgundy.
Certainly Celery is the prominent color used and one of my faves.

Home made embellies: Use 1/4 inch hole punch and punch out the color of your choice three times, glue together, apply to creation. Then apply Glossy Accents or Crystal Effects over the top and let dry. Amazing, you have a brad look-a-like in the color of your choice. The first time I used this technique, I was altering a book for a friend and needed her house numbers. I cut out four of each number out of a cereal box, and one of each number out of DSP, sanded, glued and then Modge Podged them after they were glued to the page. I hadn't thought about CE or GA til I saw someone else do it--can't remember oh, yea, it was at a Stamping Up card party. I stamped the flourishes with the rock and roll technique using Certainly Celery and Choc Chip.
Let's see, what else? Envelope is invitation size from Staples.

RX
Stamps: ALL SU, Polka Dots and Paisley, Finest Flourishes, Birthday Greetings
Paper: CTMH DSP, Club Scrap card base, GP white cs. On back Certainly
Celery. Home made 'brads'- certainly celery, cranberry crisp, choc chip
INK: Certainly Celery, Bravo Burgundy, Choc Chip
Ribbon is retired from SU.


Hopefully the shower card will get done and be posted on Wednesday, that's the day of the shower at DD's work. another bday card for this week for her and then I'll start the masculine one's and then all of the girlie ones.
Thanks for coming by!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails