Wednesday, November 11, 2009

MY FIRST CHALLENGE

SCS was calling my name this week and I got the challenge from their Weekly Inkling #183, SCS252. Rox71 had an awesome card and I CASED it! (Copy and steal everything!)  Here is Rox71's card. Anyone can go to splitcoaststampers  and sign up, it is free unless you want to be a Fan Club member. I like to just go there and look at all the amazing cards and things that people have made. It's user friendly, even I can navigate around their site. My stamp is from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Ireland.  The set is called Irish Blessings. Her button is on the right sidebar.
TECHNIQUES: Paper piecing, sponging  PAPER; DCWV-Old World Stack, SU's A Artichoke, E Eggplant, black, confetti cream   INKS: SU's  E Eggplant, Forest Foliage, Bravo Burgundy, Soft Sky TOOLS: spritzer, watercolor pencils, blender pen, Sakura glitter pen, two black square stick-on embellies from the BOTD
I used markers the same colors as inks above and "spritzed" them all over a 5 1/8" x 3"  piece of CC and then cut it into two pc's and had some left over. All measurements can be found here. I used a punched out scallop circle to sponge in my sky. Odd and old scraps I found were used in piecing the green hills and shrubs, the brown thatched roof and side of the house. I inked up the Weathered background stamp and applied it to the  side piece. Then I used my favorite liquid adhesive, Tombow Aqua to apply all the tiny pieces to my CC cs. The sakura glitter pen was used to highlight the grass and greenery and window panes.
Hope you enjoyed looking as much as i enjoyed sharing with you! Thanks for coming by to see my accomplishments today.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails