Friday, November 20, 2009

More Pink for Emma

 Editor's note: Will be revamping this card before I mail it. It needs another layer.           


Emma's favorite color is PINK. There is never enough PINK for Emma.
She's in first grade this year and I'm thinking pink may not be her fave for much longer. So this cute little mouse, with cute pink hands, will bring her a pink heart to remind her of pink. Emma dances to the beat of her own drummer. Her style is eclectic, nothing matches. The crazier, the better, for Em, she can put an outfit together like no one's business. If I can get a picture of her in one of her fashions I'll post it. She is positively the cutest fashionista that I know! She is tall and has more positive energy than that energizer rabbit.
Well, any way, I could go on about her forever!!

I knew that I needed layers, different papers, and pink.  These papers are from  going inque's line 'Isn't it Romantic' from  a LSS. They came in a pack with 12 sheets, I think. They're double sided so that gave me more options as they are all from the same line. They've been in my 12 x 12 paper file drawer for quite some time.  I took this sketch from Flourishes called FTTC42 and planning on putting it up on SCS sometime today. I saw Beate from SCS use Tim Holtz's alcohol ink applicator to apply her "sponging" technique. I had one in my stash and got it out to try it. Oh my! "Sponged" up my certainly celery and away I went all around the white with the mouse image. Awesome! So controllable, add a little, add a lot. Thank you , Beate.
She has such great tools and ideas. I'm going to make her my Card Hero. Go watch her video on mosaic backgrounds, you'll see the applicator in action!

Editor's note:  Beate uses Tim Holtz' ink blender for her sponging not the ink applicator that I mentioned above.
RX
Stamp:  Happy Heart Day from SU
Paper: as above and GP white cardstock
Punches: Heart and Curvy Label
Ribbon: SU Certainly Celery remnant and unknown organza
Sponged Certainly Celery using Tim Holtz' applicator
Sakura gelly roll glitter pan
Ink: Blush Blossom and Going Gray and Certainly Celery
Card base 8 1/2'' x 5 1/2'' folded in half using the Scor Pal; background 5 3/8'' x 4 1/4''; horizontal stripes 4'' x 1 1/2''; large vertical 4 3/4'' x 2 1/2''; frame for mouse 3 1/2'' x 2 1/2'', 3 1/4'' x 2 1/4''; Image on 3'' x 2'' with that horizontal strip 2'' x 1'' edge punched with Curly label
My dimensions were not even close to the sketch. At least the layout is reasonably close!


Thanks for coming by! I appreciate your viewing my creations.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails