Thursday, November 12, 2009

A GATE FOLD.......................

Sometime ago I saw (click on her name to go to her blog) Beate do a gate fold card on a video on SCS and I liked the panels she put on her card. It was a Christmas card and the panels looked like Stampin Up's red flocked Christmas paper! I believe if you go to SCS and click on resources, you'll find her card on the video near the end of the tutorial named Gate fold card. Let's go to my card. Everything is Stampin Up except the flower petal, that came from my local craft store. Some of my cards get the inside all made up and some just a little something and some none at all. It depends on the worthiness of the recipient (card worthy) and my creative "tilt" at the time.



 

STAMP SET:  It's About Time (2005)  PAPER: Lovely Lilac-card base, Barely Banana-front panels and inside, DSP- panels and inside, natural white-three Nesties sponged with barely banana and lovely lilac  RIBBON: 1/4 inch white   I used my Scorit for the folds and the CB for the nesties, SU die cut flowers for the green one behind the smallest white nestie, flower punch using textured paper scrap, pumpkin pie circle and a yellow button found on the BOTD. Oops, another thing that was not SU-- the border punch from Fiskars for the edge on BB inside the card. Lest, I forget, lavender DMC tied through the button holes.


This card was fun and oh so easy! Thanks for coming by and have a great evening!

SOAPBOX
My DH asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year! How thoughtful of him to ask so early!
My answer, " What I want for Christmas is for the economy to get better, to have more work." His comeback, "Well, come back to reality and tell me what you really want."  I can't say that we need to ask for nothing, because the retailers are hurting already. It's such a catch-22? SOOO... What I really want for Christmas is for the world to know peace, for all of us to have a roof over our heads, food on our tables, love in our hearts, and God in our lives.  Isn't that enough?
This year that's asking a lot for some people, but if we keep the faith good things will come.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this card and the sentiment inside. May your prayers be answered.

Related Posts with Thumbnails