Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas tags

Just fooling around with some of my Spellbinders and Quickutz and created some very simple tags for packages under our tree.
 Used some scraps that I store in a homemade binder. Mostly SU, the green on the bulbs is Club Scrap.
 The Santas, holly, and bulbs are all Quickutz. Oh! the scalloped ovals are Spellbinders, too! The Santa with the ribbon is the scalloped oval die cut and the other Santa is the frame of the first one.
Green ovals are the oval punch from SU . All the eyelets are BOTD. the holly background is SU Shimmery Silver and the same paper on the frame of Santa with the red background.

A Krylon Silver leafing pen was used to outline the bulb ovals and frames. I {heart} those Krylon leafing pens. They come in red, copper, gold and silver and I buy them at the J store and M has them, too.

 Now on to the reindeer from Spellbinders. I couldn't decide which pic to choose so I didn't choose. Picked them both for different reasons. The deer on the right is cut from gold paper from SU and deer on the left is from SU kraft paper. The pic on the right reflects the gold deer so you can see the difference. Plus, I liked showing the deer 'die' in the middle and the roll of copper cord from Stampin Up.
The pic on the left, just simply liked the Spellbinder's pkg in the pic. I had some red leather scraps that I found on a clearance aisle in J's and wrapped it around the their necks. I used SU pastels, brown to add some felt to the antlers, pink on the ears, penciled around the ears, jaw, brows, and a black marker for the eyes and mouth. Now that I see them side by side the debate is over.
I definitely like the one on the.......................................     Which one is your fave?    (When I go to publish this, the pics are not side by side, so bear with me while I try to work this out.)  OK! close enough. Thanks for coming by to view my creations, simple, and the grand kids will love them.                                                                                                     

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails