Friday, March 26, 2010

mail call

I got this in the mail today. isn't it too cute. The little one waiting for the rain is paper pieced, her boots, slicker, and umbrella. thank you, joanne. Her name is Joanne, too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the next card came in the mail today, also. Seems i won another challenge over at Cheryl's blog earlier this week and i got a large envie full of wonderful stuff to make more cards. When does the giving end?...hopefully never! i will continue to make cards and enter challenges and try to win as many as the good Lord will allow.
wish he'd hear my prayers regarding the lottery. John needs to quit working and that windfall would allow him to retire and relax before he's eligible for SS & MCR. Ok, TMI, let's get back to card making and gift giving and prizes!
Isn't that the sweetest lil card/ it's only 3 x 3. the square behind the flower was stamped on and then the flower stamped right on top. How clever of Cheryl.
she sent in the large envy-Sweet pea flower soft, and Polar White flower soft; images stamped on cardstock so I can make more cards; a cuttlebug set of dies called 'Stamps'; some Shrinky dink paper; some glossy paper for digital embossing (will have to get her to teach me about that one); a funky pinkish-purply mat called an absorber that when wet will clean my stamps; two packs of punched embossed  flowers, one white, one ivory. All I had to do was post a picture of a card on her blog.There's a link above for you to go check it out, or click here.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Awww - thanks for the shout out. I hope you enjoy the goodies. I will give you the scoop on embossing digis when ever you are ready. You can also see a tutorial I posted HERE.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fantastic card- lucky you!!! I will have to crack that set up and use it- makes really cute cards. TFS

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I want to thank you for following my journey with breast cancer, thank you for all the wonderful inspiring comments on my blog as well. It is 4 days post op and I am getting things prepared I sure can't wait to get over this hump and get back to stamping... your cards are beautiful as always....

Related Posts with Thumbnails