Saturday, February 13, 2010

Wicked

DDL gave me some awesome Christmas gifts. One gift was in a black DVD case and inside was a book of coupons. One was for dinner at maestro's in Tampa, one was for admittance into Morsani hall, and one was for the play 'Wicked'. First of all dinner was scrumptious. My hand to the chef. I ordered Lobster ravioli striped with squid ink in a tomato basil sauce--delish. L ordered Coq Au Vin and it was so good, it was fabulous! They had an open appetizer, salad, soup bar that was exquisite if food can be exquisite. Peach butternut squash soup, and a tomato artichoke soup, both were amazing. L took one bowl and I took another and we shared so we could have the best of both soups. There was fresh fruit with a passion fruit dressing, dried fruit, mixed greens, artichoke salad, blanched broccoli and green beans, cheeses too numerous to list, breads/crackers, crostinis with brie. that's all I remember. The dessert bar was gorgeous. Fresh bananas Foster made right before your eyes with ice cream, fresh whipped cream. Cakes, tortes - just fabulous looking table. Thank goodness we didn't have much room for dessert so we shared a banana F, L picked up a fruit tart slice, and I chose a lemon mouse tart. We shared. MMMMM good. A fine cup of coffee and I was good to go. dinner took us 2 hours to eat. We chatted over each course and truly enjoyed each others company. The play did not start til 8pm so we had time to spare. I'll spare you all the details of the play, just to say it's about the witches before Dorothy lands in OZ. Remember where she lands? And on whom? The wizard was Richard Kline who played on Three's Company as John Ritter's best friend, Larry.
 
If you get a chance to see 'Wicked' or any play for that matter, go. You won't be sorry.
If you have small theater companies in your town/city/burb you should go at least once to enjoy a performance. I like the small community theaters as well as the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Theater ( now called The Straz Center).

Thank you darling L. I had a great time. You, the theater, the dining experience -  all made a wonderful evening.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great evening out! I love theater, too. Before kids my hubby and I went to a lot of shows and always had a good time. I didn't know you were such a foodie, I can definitely tell you are because of the way you perfectly described everything! Felt like I was with you, LOL! Thanks for sharing your gift with all of us.

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S said...

Wow what a day and what a gift. You are a very lucky woman. We have the same taste.. I love lobster anything but it sounds even better in ravioli

Good for you and Happy Valentines Day to you.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I loved Wicked- what a wonderful day- awesome for you!!! TFS

Related Posts with Thumbnails