Monday, March 28, 2011

Sunshine

Every one is looking for Spring to get here...in Florida, the Spring has SPRUNG!
Delightful Inspiration's newest image- Ladybug Bloom...free image, if you play along each week, is all about Spring!

Something took over my brain and I just could not color another ladybug black and red.....
so I didn't.  I printed three images out to, once again, pop up my layers on the flower. I printed the image onto the yellow gingham, and cut out two more. the ladybugs are popped up, also. I used VERVE'S "Feel the Sun" for my sentiment--Sunshine and Bountiful Backgrounds for the stripes and dots panel on the left. And, of course, the D2D, Delightful Inspiration's image. this card, also qualifies for the
Verve Color Me Spring contest.

For a look at all the layers-----
This sketch is right from Splitcoast Stamper's Verve Challenge Viva la Verve HERE.
While I'm talking Verve, I might as well post the other March weeks...right now!!!!
March week one ...HERE. Image from D2D
March week one    ....HERE. Sentiment from Verve
I made two  for week one.
March week two  ....Below
Verve's Sweet Scalloped Tag punch for my "Just For You" from the set Glad Tidings.
The shabby background image is again from Bountiful backgrounds in Basic Gray.
The Medallion stamp from SU inked in Soft Suede.
You'll see some machine stitching and just two hand stitched knots for a different effect,
then three black blingy bling bling, ribbon and twine.
March week three  ...below.
Verve's 'thank you' that was a gift for making a purchase.
A Cut Above die--Vintage Oval Frame, an old shamrock punch,
cotton twine inked up with Shabby Shutters, and a bit of sewing.
March week four .....right below......
I started out thinking--ALL WHITE----obviously that did not happen.
Went with Purely Pomegranate since I had a bunch 'o ribbon to match.
Obviously didn't go with the ribbon either, except in the photo.
Verve's "Feel the Sun' comes through for me again. Man, I need to win me some more Verve.
I used one stamp to create the flower and one sentiment ( the one with the word wildflower in it) to make the verse panel behind the flower. Have entered this card into the
Verve: Color Me Spring contest.
Trying to win some Verve that I so desperately need. You all must be getting tired of the same old stamps.
I need to win for you, my followers!!!

The fleur de lis is from the Bountiful Backgrounds set.
As for the embossing...folders are Vintage Wallpaper (way in the back) and the other one
I can't remember and I threw the pkg away before labeling it. It's from Cuttlebug...
if any one recognizes it ...please help and let me know the name so I can put it's label on it...please....

March week five is the card at the top. 
Some months I work out of order!!!!
But then I am usually out of order.
All of my cards can be seen at the Splitcoast Stampers gallery...here's a link to my gallery there.
Thanks for coming by!

On the very first card at the top of this post the word 'Sunshine' came from the sentiment in 'Feel the Sun'.
I stamped the sentiment on plain white cs and then just punched out the one word that I wanted.
Easy peasy!

7 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- someone has been really busy and really productive! I love all of your cards- lots of variety- I love the first one with the lovely ladybug and dimensional flower, and I love love pink...and shamrocks!!! Hugs

dstandard said...

All your cards are fabulous! Love your card for D2D! Thanks for playing at Designed 2 Delight!

Laura Evangeline said...

I love your stitching (duh!), and of course anything with a ladybug! :-)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

These are all just fabulous! From whimsical to elegant - they're all so pretty!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Joanne!! I'm adoring all the love you're showing your Verve images!! Love the whimsical beautifully colored flower on your first, how you used only a portion of the tag on your second (along with the stunning bg, your sweet shamrock card, and the gorgeous elegance of your last one!! WOW!! Such beautiful work on each individual card!!

Amy Sheffer said...

WOW! Look at all this gorgeous eye candy! Each one so unique and beuatiful!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

OH my gosh, how stinkin' CUTE! Love that laybug card! So many beautiful cards!

Related Posts with Thumbnails