Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Catch a BUG

 Here in Florida if you want a bug you don't have to go too far ......
we have a bijillion species of roaches, spiders...you name, it we have it.
Lady bugs?...we have them , too!
I haven't caught a bug since childhood and then my brothers and I would love to catch fireflies.Fireflies are not so prevalent nowadays unless you are in the woods and then WOW they are all over the place.
But back to ladybugs.......
I took Delightful Inspirations Catch a Bug and mixed it up with the challenge at
The layout on this one came from a paper shortage...I had  wanted to cut out a piece of Kraft paper 
using the largest Label 5 die and so didn't want to cut into a whole pc of paper. There was a scrap just sitting there and it wasn't wide enough so I Cuttlebugged it anyway and stuck the Kraft under the strip on the right..
OOPS, I mean left. Sponged around the jar with Broken China dist Ink and pierced around the Label five.
Right now I am so hooked on sewing something on my cards. Better addicted to sewing than
eating...well, I am addicted to eating, too, but I can't eat while I am sewing and that's a fact.
DH says that I can't walk and chew gum at the same time...that's debatable!

Oh! the daffodil in the photo....did you say something about the daffodil in the photo?
My friend, Jeanne, gave me a pot o' daffs for my birthday!!!
I think they are beautiful. I took this shot from the sliding glass door into the kitchen/dining area.
The one with the card at the top is a nice shot.
Thanks for coming by!
Got any bug stories?

8 comments:

Kathy said...

I noticed the "daffs" right away Joanne, they are lovely, my favorite flower. I really like your bug card, the sponging is lovely and the trick with the nestie under the strip is brilliant, I'm always running a bit short. Great idea! Wonderful springtime card!
Hugs~Kathy

Cheryl said...

Lovely card! I really like how you used the nesties! Your sponging is really pretty.

Thank you for sharing the photo of the daffs. They were one of my mom's favorite flowers and always make me think of her.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card this is! I really like the kraft mixed with the cool blues and crisp white, and love that jar of ladybugs. Also really like your sentiment tab on the side.
Your bug stories make me think of all the fireflies around us here in NC. :)
thanks for joining in on our spring challenge at the Kraft Journal.

Faith S. said...

Your card is GORGEOUS! I love the blue, I love the layout, and I love the daffodil! So pretty!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

WOw- that is one great card- love the nestie on the card and the stitching (I always love stitching on cards) and the touch of the ladybugs flying free outside of the jar are too sweet. I love the daffodils- squirrels eat the bulbs each time I try to plant them- I get one here, one there..... Hope you had a wonderful B-day!

Kristina said...

What an adorable card! I love the jar with the little bugs and the blues are just fantastic!! Thank you so much for joining us this wee at The Kraft Jouranl!

Tracey said...

Hi Joanne, I hope you & your family are well.
Gorgeous card, I love the LO & the colours :)
Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Faith S. said...

Congratulations on your win at Kraft Journal!! I just LOVE this card!

Related Posts with Thumbnails