Monday, January 17, 2011

January Waltz

I don't think I need to explain the waltz to you!
It's old hat here! However, it's a new year, it's a new waltz, and it's a new card.
Two new cards!
The hearts were stamped and heat embossed with some sparkly goodness,
and the same with the heart shamrocks from WMS set
Celtic Heritage. This is my go to set when I need to work with a WMS stamp.
This set is so versatile, I have made many cards using it.
There are multiple words and phrases that you can mix and match amongst
many Celtic designs for almost every holiday.
I know it looks a wee bit off but I had to take the photo from a different angle to cut down on the 
shimmer glimmer that was blinding!!! don't ask me why I decided at the last minute to shabby this card with all the distressing...something just came over me!!!!!
Golly gee was I looking for a piece of chocolate while making this card...and
didn't have any so made up for it with the chocolate ribbon and ink!!
Any one want to see the rest of the entries?
Head on over to the WMS forum, read the very first link (Lisa's) for details and
enjoy all the hearts and Valentine's Day love.
If you have never been there...then click HERE to sign up! It's quick and easy and so worth it!!!
While you are there you can play the game and take a chance at winning your very own WMS stamp set!

I almost forgot...a couple of close ups!
AND MY OTHER CARD! Keep scrolling......
AND another card!!!!
This card's idea just popped into my head and I had to give it a whirl!
I used the same heart from Celtic Heritage and the sentiment is from WMS Irish Blessings.
I used this sentiment last year for Valentine's Day!
I must stop here it's Sunday evening and the internet is giving me too many headaches...I'll try to come
back and finish this later or tomorrow.
It's Monday afternoon and I am back....has anyone else been having internet service problems?
The second card looks so much better IRL...you can click on the photo to enlarge it so you can read the sentiment.
I used my brand spanking new MS punch 'Rings' for the right border punch.
The shadows cast a pale blue hue behind the trim...trust me it's white!!!
I love my Krylon gold leaf marker/pen/painter for the edges of the top panel.
the embossing if a Sizzix small embossing folder that came is a set!
The gold floss is a must add as there was a booboo on the white cs!
thanks for coming by!
Enjoy the Waltzingmouse danceroo!!!!
There's tons of inspiration there..I have seen it!
RX
STAMPS: WMS Celtic Heritage, Irish Blessings
INK: Tea Dye, Chocolate Chip, Memories Brown
PAPER: Pink passion, Pixie Pink, Blush blossom, SU retired DSP
TOOLS: distressing tool, CB for spellbinder's Beaded circles, heart punch, small EF
INCIDENTALS: brads, ribbon, JudiKins' Kaleidoscope embossing powder, gold embossing powder-fine detail,

28 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Both cards are fabulous - love all the sparkle on the first. And the beautiful embossing on the second. Fab!

Pauline said...

Two gorgeous cards, love all the sparkle and shine!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Both cards are beautiful. I really like the sparkle/glitter on the first card. TFS!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What lovely projects. I can tell you put a lot of thought into all the wonderful details of these projects - from the embossing to the glitter. Outstanding!

Clare said...

Two great cards! Love the touch of glitter and embossing!

Inkyfingers said...

My you have been so productive Joanne! I like both you cards but the second one is my favourite - that embossed heart is just beeeeeutiful.
Hugs
Carol x

Anabelle O'Malley said...

Both are beautiful! Love the yummy colors on the first and how you made the heart and the embossing on the second!

Jen Tapler said...

Wow! Look at all that work you put into these fantastic cards! Love all the glitz and glitter!

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely cards Joanne! Isn't it great to be back waltzing!?! love all the shimmer you achieved on this and that yummy chocolate ribbon!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very pretty cards--love all your extra touches with glitter and embossing!

Chris L.

B said...

Joanne, two lovely cards! Love all the glitter and glam!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards they are gorgeous!!

Thank you for the comment on my card :)

LaurieJ said...

So pretty and sparkly! I love the gold heart on the second card.

NoraAnne said...

Two beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

OOh Joanne, your strawberry chocolate card is delicious! I am torn tho' the gold embossing on the second is fabby also!! Thank you for waltzing along with us Joanne!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Muckyfingers said...

Lovely cards :) xXx

Kelly S. said...

Now who doesn't LOVE some "blinding glimmer mist" woo hoo! I love the detail and the way you combined the shamrocks and hearts on the first card! The bold red and white of the second makes for a perfect Valentine! I love your enthusiasm, Stampin Mims! Makes it one of my fave stops on the waltz, as always :)!

A Consuming Passion said...

Both so pretty Joanne!!!

Heidi said...

Wow you've been busy! Your cards are beautiful!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards Joanne! Love the shimmer and sparkle!

Sharon said...

You've been a busy girl, Joanne. Both of your cards are truly stunning. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog. I really appreciate it. :D

Laurie Marmon said...

Beautiful cards!

Donna said...

Gorgeous cards, love all your embellishments. Donna x

Tracey said...

Hi Joanne, hope all is well with you :o)

These cards are both beautiful.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Kathy said...

Love all the glimmer and shine on the first card, looks so cool. Funny thing when I saw the colors too, I thought of chocolate. Love that chocolate ribbon! Second one is lovely, too, that embossing folder adds such elegance!

Charmaine Stack said...

Joanne, enjoyed seeing your cards. You sure got great embossing out of that Sizzix folder. Looks really deep. I think the gold string bow is inspired.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Amazing glitz on your card(s)- how pretty! I love the shamrocks on the card too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails