Tuesday, January 25, 2011

CASE @ WMS

Claire @ Waltzingmouse Stamps is challenging us to CASE a card from the Grand Calibur
three day party that finished up over there on Sunday, the 23rd.
This was a no brainer for me since Anya had a one layer clean and simple card that
looked easy and easy to CASE...Copy And Steal Everything!
She used Kraft paper....I did, too!
She used a Spellbinder....I did, too!
I just realized....she used....'love you'....too!
Her hearts were heart stamps!
My hearts were leaves (teardrop shapes stamped x 2)....made to look like hearts!
(Did you see her shadow box card, too? Amazing...right?)
Anya added glitter/sparkle to her hearts...I added bling!
DH's bday is one week before Vday...this will be the card. 
Yes, it has a bow, but you know what...his gifts get bows, too!
AND I have never heard him complain about a bow on a gift.......
why should a bow on a card be any different?
I added knots to the bow strings....can we call that masculine?
Thanks for coming by!
This was a great challenge...
GREAT....EASY.....and a STEAL!!!!
I used Fired Brick distressed ink for all the stamping.
Punched two holes to string the ribbon and tie the bow.
The stamps were from Teeny Trees...the two different size leaves to make the two sizes of hearts....
Vintage Circles Small, Nestie friendly ....... the focal image.

15 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

A beautiful card. Love your spellbinders' embossing. Looks tremendous!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Joanne! Love the embossed border!

B said...

Love the embossing on your card! Just lovely!

Alice said...

this is so sweet! lovely card!

Clare said...

Gorgeous card!

Kelly S. said...

Lovely Valentine, Joanne! I so love that circular pattern in the bold RED!!!

Kathy said...

Made me laugh, bows are fine on gifts and cards for men. Love the elegance of this one, really need to go look at those WM Stamps.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful- lovely stamp and I love the knotted ribbon idea! My hubby would not complain about a bow either...

Inkyfingers said...

Lovely card Joanne and your knotty bow made me smile. The hearts you made with the leaf stamp are so clever!

Cheryl said...

Great steal! Fantastic card

Melissa said...

Very pretty! A classic valentine card!

Julia Aston said...

Love how you made this into a valentine Joanne! very pretty in red!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, love the deep red tones, and the circle stamp is one of my faves.

Jen Adcock said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the jewel tones and the nifty Nestie embossing. Must try that. Thanks for the inspiriation!

Tracey said...

Hi Joanne, this is a stunning card & I love that bow :)

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails