Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm sending smiles to Michelle

is hosting a challenge of sorts. They are challenging card makers to create a card and send to Michelle
Oatman that is suffering from loss of her right eye due to an accident. There are several sites that are having card drives and fund raisers for Michelle to help boost her morale and help with medical costs.
You can get more info by clicking on Spoonful of Sugar above. Their card challenge is almost over and I thought that I would dive right in. 
Whimsy Stamps has a freebie to honor Michelle.
A Spoonful of Sugar has more than several designers and creators as well as stamp companies 
offering loads of images, stamps, and craft items as prizes for entering the card drive.
This list is just far too long to even think about showing you here. 
I opted not to use the donkey. While he is adorable I wanted to be different. This image, a basket
full of flowers, is the perfect choice to bring color into Michelle's world right now.
Here's my card to send to Michelle.
For those of you that would like to send her a card, but not enter the challenge:
Please mail your cards to:
Michelle Oatman
17232 Wildhorse Pass
Marion, TX 78124
USA
 

I used a Daisy Doodle image called 'Just for You' that includes the oval sentiment.
I realize that it's on the flat side, but that's for postal service reasons. I did pop up with dimensionals the image and oval. Those of you that
know me and/or read my blog, know exactly what I am talking about.

I cut out the image with my favorite little pair of blue scissors and then used a finger craft knife to cut out the inside parts of the image. The papers are from DCWN, the Summer Stack (2009) and SU Passion Pink.
Thanks for coming by!
Try to leave a little love.
And if you can mail Michelle a card, please!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! She is going to love your card.

Related Posts with Thumbnails