Saturday, August 6, 2011

If it's layers you want....

..........it's layers you will find.
We made a card like this in club  a couple of months ago.
thought it would suffice for a challenge demanding of layers.
This mouse is usually caught holding a big present with a tag, but I cut that out to put a picture 
of Lily in it's place. I LUV this little fella with the big pink ears.
He's a creation of Helen's at Ellephantastic's.
Our friend Cheli came over one day and took oodles of pictures of Lily 
and this is just one more cute one of her.
Soon as the camera comes out Lil's already in a pose.
Here's a pic of the card 'open'.....
I do believe that Stampin Up calls this style a telescoping card.
In this photo you can see the wee mouse in all of his glory...big present
and ALL. Just click on photo to enlarge.
Once I glued the image down, I ran both through the embossing folder
for that inlaid look.
Lily has not seen this card, YET!!
thinking she just might like her photo on a card!!!
Be sure to stop at Ellephantastics challenge and see all the great layers of
creations the DT has put together. Then join in the fun and
 enter to win a fabulous image of Helen's!!!
Thanks for coming by!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Joanne & that photo is so cute :)
Hope all is well with you & your family hun.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Donna said...

Wow Joanne, your design is beautiful and such a fun creation with all the different colours and layers...the piccy of Lily is really cute :) Donna x

Laura Evangeline said...

Fun! I didn't expect that surprise. I had to scroll back up to see what happened! I love it!!!

Cheli said...

This is so cute... I love that you used the telescoping but I'm a huge fan of the inlaid technique. Those girls are so much fun to photograph :)

Kristin K. said...

So cute. I can't wait to make another one.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- I love the open up circles- too cool! awesome!!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love how you added the photo.

Kathy said...

Adorable, love the way you personalized it with a photo. Clever punching the holes, too, looks like cheese.

Related Posts with Thumbnails