Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Love is Precious

 Welcome to my world of Hope!
For my third post today, I made a flower using a border punch on a strip of paper.
It's rather square looking..the petals that is!
HYCCT11 by Edna was looking for a new homemade flower, so I made it my focal point.
Just had to stamp something so I stamped over the chipboard scalloped circle after I covered it in the reverse side of the patterned paper you see here.
Thought the ribbon stem and leaf would add a different feel.
And here's a pic from above the card so you can see the ribbon around the base of the flower.
Edna called this challenge happy flowers and this card definitely made me HAPPY!
Secret to making happy flowers...after you have punched/cut your paper...mist it on both sides.
That will make the paper more pliable. Be sure to get the petals the way you like them while the paper is still damp cuz when it dries it's dry! KWIM?
Thanks for coming by!

Just adding a tutorial now......click here and it will take you to my tutorial page!

RX:
STAMPS: rogue bg stamp from  Mike's or Jo's
PAPER: Glorious Green, DSP-BOTD
INK: Dried marigold, Handsome Hunter
TOOLS: tweezers for the bling....lol
INCIDENTALS: chipboard, ribbon, bling

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Very cool hand made flower, I love the side view where the ribbon wraps the flower. Beautiful card Joanne, you are rockin out these HYCCT challenges!

Lawren said...

Well isn't just cute?!!!! I love it and I'll have to try your tutorial.

Love ya,

Lawren

Related Posts with Thumbnails