Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day Two of the Daisy Doodles Showcase

 SEVEN DAY SHOWCASE


Ok, so the deal was to use the $1 bargain bin images at Daisy Doodles. Ok, so I goofed...I used one of the School Time images, so sorry. There it was sitting all by itself in my Picasa album and it just never dawned on me that it was in a $3 set. But I like this card so much I just had to show it off. It was an extremely simple card that took just minutes to make if you do not count the time it took the Glossy Accents to dry. Inserted the apple image in my Word program, copy and pasted four times, changed the sizes of the apples, then ran it through the Cuttlebug folder, used the border punch, colored and applied the glossy effects. ADD ribbon and voila!!!!
Finished. 
Now that does sound easy...right?
I could have left out the embossing folder part and made it all that more easy...just an idea.
The School Time set is $3 but there are six images in the set. If you do the math and divide the six images into the price...the apple image is ONLY 50 cents. Way less than the price of a $1 bargain bin!!!
I call it my shopping math....HeeHee
You may call it your crafting budget math...LOL

For more showcase eye candy:
and 
Rhonda at Rhonda's Creative Spirit
Head on over to the store and pick up a bargain for yourself.
The Forum is a great place to enter the Designer of the Month challenge that could win you $10 in free merchandise.
Thanks for coming by!

challenges
Secret Crafter - anything Goes
 RX
STAMPS: Schooltime's Apple from Daisy Doodles 
PAPERS: Handsome Hunter, white
TOOLS: SU border punch, CB for leafy Branch ef
INCIDENTALS: Ribbon, Glossy accents

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

You go JoJoAGoGo ... LOL!!! I sooo love this card. Sometimes Simple makes the best ones and this proves it.

TinaB said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love what you have done with the apples xx This is a fav of mine :0) xxxx Hugs Tina xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheryl said...

Wonderful! I love the simplicity. The glossy accents is the perfect touch. You are doing awesome with the digis girl friend!

Jules said...

Wow Jo you grew apples lol. They look so real!
Awesome card sweetheart, love it
xxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails